Application Support (30-45k)
The primary purpose of this role it to ensure timely and high-quality responsiveness on the front-line (Level 1) support desk in Asia.
Day to Day
You will work with business as 1st level technical contact, understand and analyze product related problems and work towards the resolution including working with regional broker-dealers and exchanges on behalf of our clients to resolve trade-related issues via FIX protocol.
You will actively identify incidents and manage incident resolution process and work with appropriate support providers to analyze root causes and provide a permanent fix or a temporary workaround.
Proactive monitoring and management of business-critical systems, legacy applications, data handling and data delivery infrastructure to identify issues, trends and potential problem areas is another aspect to this role.
What makes it interesting?
- Exposure to a broad range of cutting-edge technologies
- Ability to make a meaningful contribution to a tight-knit team
- Freedom to come up with creative solutions to real-world problems and drive efficiencies internally and with our clients
- Direct working relationships with the some of the most influential buyside institutions on the planet.
- Working alongside individuals who are true leaders in the field.
- 2-3 years in application support
- Excellent communication skills in English - read, write, listen and speak
- Excellent problem solving, planning, organizational skills
- Hands-on experience with FIX protocol
- Basic knowledge of database, testing and networking
- Must be willing to help people, at all levels within the organization, solve problems with a patient and composed demeanour.
- Able to work according to a shift schedule.
- Previous experience in financial services a clear plus, but other relevant industries will be considered based on project depth.
- Good OMS and EMS knowledge
- Exposure to electronic trading concepts & trading systems
Technologies used in the team
- FIX Protocol
- Oracle DB
- Various server OS Platforms (Windows, Linux, Solaris etc)
- Scripting (shell, batch, powershell etc)
- Networking skills (basic)
1 month guaranteed bonus +discretionary bonus, 18 days AL, free lunch program and medical
If you'd like to know more, please apply with an updated CV.
WMS Applications Specialist
- Greater Manchester, England
- about 11 hours ago
As the Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) Application Specialist, you will coordinate and manage System design and transition elements between the business and its client-based stakeholders. You will ensure that the training team are trained on system updates and drive Continuous improv... Read More
- Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- HK$45000 - HK$55000 per month
- 12 days ago
In this role you will help implement new and enhance existing applications in the Back Office and Corporate space, including the middleware framework. Full project life cycle exposure from the initial project technical proposal through to analysis, design, implementation and subsequent ... Read More
Dev Ops Engineer - 6 month contract
- Dublin South, Dublin
- 9 days ago
Senior Dev ops - 6 month contract My Client based in Dublin South is looking for a Senior Systems Engineer in Dev ops. Senior Dev ops - 6 month contract My Client based in Dublin South is looking for a Senior Systems Engineer in Dev ops. You will be directly responsible for deploying, a... Read More
Senior IT Business Analyst
- Salford, Greater Manchester
- 13 days ago
We are looking for an IT Analyst to be part of a complex and exciting Operations programme for our client based in Greater Manchester. The role will predominantly support the Programme Manager in developing, designing and delivering end-to-end application and platform migration projects... Read More