Working with various FinTech and InsurTech companies, several clients are preparing their project pipeline for mobile development in an age where virtual bank and insurance functions are increasing. We are seeking strong Android developers in the Hong Kong market. By connecting with us, we will share valuable market information without any expectations.
We are only seeking candidates in the Hong Kong market - holding a Hong Kong passport, Hong Kong Permanent Residence, valid working visa in Hong Kong, IANG visa.
What I'll generally be doing:
- Working closely with UI / UX designers and product owners to build new digital features from scratch and/or enhance / support existing features.
- Work on application design, coding, tuning, unit testing and implementing these features
- Think in advance and come up with digital features - participate in discussions
- Work to continuously improve performance and security as new features are added
- Work closely with Java / NodeJS back-end developers to seamlessly connect front-end to server-side back-end with the APIs provided
- Work in an Agile team, using Scrum
What I'll be needing:
- University degree in Computer Science or equivalent with minimum 4 years' work experience on Android with Java / Kotlin. Ideal candidate would have worked with previous versions of Java / Kotlin
- Experience / understanding of RxJava and / or RxKotlin libraries (reactive programming)
- Solid knowledge of MVC, MVVM and MVP design patterns for architecture
- Strong experience to build code in a modular, recyclable method which is efficient in memory and performance
- Strong experience in UI, unit and integration testing
- Strong ability to verbally communicate and articulate with technical language to communicate with other developers and product owners. Also, must have the ability to explain tech in layman terms for non-developers who may not understand programming
- Experience in calling RESTful APIs provided by back-end development team
- Experience working in an Agile / Scrum / Kanban environment