My client, a leading systematic hedge fund, is looking for a Senior Algo Execution Quant to join their business. This individual will be responsible for leading the design, backtesting and optimisation of the firm's execution strategies. Candidates will need to understand market microstructure, TCA, market data feeds, and be comfortable with execution algorithms and how they're parametered for different markets.
Execution of orders is achieved using a variety of internally-developed algos, broker-provided algos, and high-touch broker care desks. As part of the small, highly skilled Trading & Technology team, your role will be to monitor and analyse all execution for the asset management business, with a focus on evaluating and selecting broker algos and designing and testing internally-developed algos. If you have a strong software development background, you may also be responsible for implementing changes to algos and releasing them to production. As you would expect from a quantitative environment, there is a close relationship between Research and Trading & Technology and the teams sit together in a shared working space.
We would expect you to have most of the following skills or attributes:
- Strong quantitative analysis skills with an academic background in a numerate subject
- Experience with monitoring, evaluating, testing and designing execution algos across multiple asset classes and
- Experience working with TCA, market microstructure, tick data
- Good coding and data processing skills with an interest in finance and technology
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills
- Desire to improve existing practises
It would be a bonus if you have any of these skills:
- Experience with releasing production quality execution algos