You will be responsible for coaching and mentoring all aspects of our agile implementation including agile execution, Scrum Masters, Agile Product Owners and executives. The Agile Coach will emphasise agile principles, practices and frameworks to enable teams to deliver high value business capabilities.
The Agile Coach will serve as a subject matter expert on Agile execution frameworks (Scrum, Kanban, XP, etc) as well as scaling frameworks such as Scaled Agile framework (SAFe, LeSS). The candidate must possess software development technical knowledge and the ability to train, mentor and coach on all agile engineering practices. The Agile Coach must also be able to collaborate with key agile resources to develop changes to the agile application development practices used by various BTS (Business Technology Services) areas and in IT & Shared Services with the focus on improving delivery for our various business areas.
- Coach, Facilitate, mentor and train Scrum and Kanban teams .
- Coach and mentor individuals and teams to discover and implement improved ways of collaborating and developing into high-performing, self-organising, Agile units.
- Drive adoption of Agile mindset and framework best practices in teams.
- Proactively identify bottlenecks, impediments and issues and guide agile teams to quickly remove areas of inefficiency and waste.
- Coach and mentor on collaboration, iterative development, managing flow, calculating velocity, limiting work in progress, etc.
- Training, coaching and mentoring PMO organisations (CPMO, GPMO, IT-PMO, etc) on agile frameworks.
- Facilitates discussion, decision making and conflict resolution as it arises and proactively guide the team.
- Remains informed about industry trends and best practices concerning agile methodologies and advances those best practices in the organisation.
- Candidates should have a technical understanding of the CI/CD tools used to perform the infrastructure provisioning and application deployments needed to support an Agile approach. They should be able to convey to the business areas how these tools can be used to help decrease the time it takes to deliver business solutions.
- 5+ years of experience coaching agile frameworks (i.e. Scrum, Kanban, XP, etc)
- Hands-on training, mentoring and coaching experience with agile engineering practices and techniques such as TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment and Automated Testing
- Experience with coaching, mentoring and training agile teams working in a DevOps environment.
- Experience working with enterprise PMO's to blend waterfall and agile portfolio reporting for senior management.
- Experience working with all levels of an organisation on an enterprise Agile Transformation program.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively with team members, support personnel and clients.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.