Actuary - Senior Manager - IFRS/SII Reporting - Edinburgh
A very rare Senior Actuarial opportunity has arisen in Edinburgh where a FTSE Listed Insurer is seeking to recruit a Senior Manager to their growing IFRS and Solvency II Reporting team. You will be tasked with having a key strategic input in growing your own team whilst reporting to some of the organisations most important decision makers.
Financial Reporting is accountable for delivering on time and accurate financial results and disclosures across all reporting metrics, while providing real business insights, quality assurance and technical advice.
This role requires a qualified actuary to develop and maintain a suite of management information to the support the requirements of the business from the Finance Reporting area. The role will also require developing a strong overview of the business, communicating with business areas and understanding the impact of various factors on the financial results. The role will then require presentation of a range of financial results, including predictive results and budgets and forecasts to Senior business leaders.
The role holder will lead a team and will be ultimately accountable for the performance of the team, in terms of time, cost and quality, and including its responsiveness to future business requirements.
- To lead a team of Finance professionals, in the delivery of a suite of management information, on a range of financial reporting and business management metrics for internal and external reporting with supporting analysis and commentary
- To ensure the delivery of high quality management information, meeting customer needs, within a robust control framework.
- To develop a suite of reporting tools to aid delivery of regular management information, predictive results and budget and forecasting
- To liaise with the wider Finance teams to understand the impacts of various activity on the ongoing financial statements.
- To hold ultimate accountability for the accuracy of the output of the team, balancing resource time and cost to optimise the quality of the output
- To develop a team which is responsive to future business requirements
You will have:
- Experience of disseminating complex quality information to internal and external stakeholders (including regulators and rating agencies) and ensuring it is understood
- Experience of using understanding of the business linked with finance knowledge to support the business and of making recommendations and helping to originate creative solutions
- Experience of leading teams to deliver under pressure and/or to tight timescales
- Knowledge of life and pensions products, markets and competitors
- Knowledge of financial services regulatory and legislative frameworks
- North West England, England
- £55000 - £65000 per annum + benefits
- 19 days ago
Due to growth and expansion, I am working exclusively with a North West Insurer to appoint a new Reporting Actuary into their team. In the role; You will be reviewing and consolidating reporting results at both Group & UK level across a variety of metrics. You will also; Have the opport... Read More
Interim Reporting Actuary
- Scotland, Scotland
- Up to £900 per day
- 28 days ago
OJA are working with a leading life insurer who are looking for Actuaries from a strong reporting background. The assignement will be based in Scotland, and the contract will be 3-6 months in duration with excellent day rates on offer. Experience with the likes of IFRS and Solvency II w... Read More
Assistant Actuary - Solvency II Reporting - FTSE Insurer
- London, England
- £55000 - £70000 per annum
- 10 days ago
A dynamic and high performing, leading UK Life Insurance organisation is currently seeking to add an Assistant Actuary to their growing financial reporting team. Following a recent and very exciting acquisition, this business is looking to recruit an ambitious and driven individual to d... Read More
Financial Reporting Actuary - Leading FTSE Listed Organisation
- Edinburgh, Scotland
- £60000 - £80000 per annum + benefits
- 17 days ago
Oliver James Associates are in the process of supporting a dynamic, global organisation with an exciting strategic vision who are seeking to recruit a Qualified Actuary who will sit within their Financial Reporting Team. The role holder will be expected to contribute to supporting the f... Read More