Actuarial Consultant - South West - Nearly to Newly Qualified Actuary
My client is a market leading constancy with a UK wide presence. Due to a continued series of successful new business wins, we are seeking to appoint an Actuarial Consultant.
Nationally, around 140 actuaries create a hub of talent and enjoy working in a close-knit team. As a pioneer in the world of actuarial consulting, those based here enjoy an excellent work life balance, exciting project and client work and are rewarded with excellent career progression and competitive benefits packages.
For this particular appointment, you will work within both the Trustee and Corporate consulting practices and responsibilities will include:
- Attending client meetings
- Calculating complex individual member calculations
- Acting as a client account manager and main point of contact for clients
- Actuarial valuations
- Actuarial reports
- Accounting disclosures
- General consultancy and the provision of technical advice where needed
- PPF levy calculations and understanding requirements of the Pensions Regulator
- Driving forward new ideas and research
There is much opportunity, too, to utilise your actuarial skillset in newer, growing areas of the business e.g. risk advisory.
The requirements for this role are:
- Recently or nearly qualified actuary
- Previous experience of working in a pensions actuarial role with DB schemes
- First class technical skills and excellent communication style
- Ability to work within a friendly environment
Of course, this role also provides excellent study support, should you require it.
Please do get in touch for further information.
Managing Consultant | Pensions Actuarial & Investment Solutions
Helen.Kinloch@ojassociates.com | 02038619173