The primary purpose of the job is to provide Business Analysis services in support of the development of the Actuarial Data Store (ADS) managed by the Actuarial Information Technology group.
The Actuarial Data Team needs a strong Business Analyst with annuity background to understand Business Processes and prepare Business Requirement Documentation by working closely with Actuarial Information Technology stakeholders and actuarial business users. The project supports the actuarial department's growing data needs, automation of data intake and analysis. We need a strong resource to thoroughly understand, analyze, and document stakeholder's processes and information needs following best practices. This position is required as we enter a new stage of increase need for data analysis in actuarial projects.
Successful candidates should be self-driven, able to work with minimum supervision and have extensive experience in analyzing and documenting data-driven and information analysis business processes with strong background in finance and/or insurance.
- Develop complete, formal data requirements on annuity products (both fixed and variable) from multiple data sources,
- including administrative systems for use in actuarial projection models
- Assist with data validation, including the creation and execution of test plans on data builds by comparing to alternate
- data sources, verifying transformation algorithms applied, checking internal consistency of data, and reviewing quality of
- supplied data
- Provide feedback to actuaries and IT staff regarding analysis performed
- Participate in Business Requirement walk through.
- Interpret/explain Business Requirements and coordinate with Developers for New Requirements/Issue
- Resolutions/Change Requests.
- Coordinate with Admin System DBAs on identification and extraction of Source data.
- Prepare Mapping Documentation for all stages of data flow from Source to Target
- Prepare Data Dictionary for data marts
- Create and track Plan for loading of data every Month/Quarter from several Admin Systems/Sources.
- Interact/coordinate with SMEs/Business teams for New Requirements/Issue Resolutions/Change Requests.
- Participate in daily / weekly scrum calls with the team.
Position Requirements - the Ideal Candidate will have:
- Experience with VBA is required*
- At least 1 year of actuarial experience with annuity products, or 3+ years IT experience with direct support of annuity
- business and excellent understanding of annuities
- Experience with annuity administrative systems is a plus
- Experience documenting requirements for large and complex data processing and analysis projects
- Experience in Data Modeling, Data Warehousing, PL/SQL, or ETL processing is a plus
- Strong attention to detail in both work performed and presentation of work products
- Experience communicating and interacting with all levels of management in the process of gathering requirements.
- Experience working in controlled development, testing and production environments
- Experience with issue tracking/project planning applications (JIRA).
- Familiarity with standard development toolkits including source repositories (TFS) is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team
- Solid work ethic, self-driven with the ability to work with minimal supervision